Wednesday, September 16

The Nostalgia

The nostalgia flows in the empty space of my head as water flows through the broken dam, and will destroy every thing in its way, but I will control it no matter what…

What do I remember…is a mystery to myself…I miss those happy childhood days with my parents and the hostel life fun with friends…I so much wish that I could re-live those moments and wish that I would not have hurt some people as I did….I wish that I could have understood that life is beautiful in the way it is… I could have lived every moment to its fullest and would not have wasted... I would have done everything that my heart now cries for…

I wish I would not have fought with my mother and hurt her at times when I did it out of irritation of inability of attaining marks in y exams…I wish I could have ironed all of my mom’s cotton sari’s whenever she wanted to wear them (as she had to wait for me to come home during my vacations to do so)… I wish I had some more time to spend with my sisters…I wish I would not have yelled at them (whenever I got irritated)…

But I don’t understand why people remember sad things and be depressed. I know we can’t change our past so we can try to make up for them and make some more good memories for us to remember... It’s like we try so hard to be happy but we do not have to put in effort to be sad. It’s applicable for everybody.

I have some amazing set of memories as well…Wherein after remembering them, I laughed so much that I got cramps in my belly…So, we do have happiness in our lives more than we acknowledge or respect it...

I had read a poem some years back that stated a scenario wherein a husband was leaving his pregnant wife for a business tour on ship. The ship would have taken around a year to sail across and come to shore and the wife was sad that her husband would not be around her when the child would see the world for the first time. The husband tried to reason with her that he would come back soon and told her one thing. The husband said that I would be leaving day after tomorrow and you still have two full days to live and be happy with me. I know you will be sad after I m gone despite the fact that I don’t want you to. So why can’t we share the precious moments we have with us and be happy rather than pulling the sadness that will come after two days to kill today’s happiness.

This poem, I don’t remember the poem or the poet name, but the essence has lasted for around 6 years now and I think will remain forever. People may tag you unemotional or stone hearted if you are happy after listening to some news that supposed to affect (sadden) you after some days. But don’t you think this is stupid to be unhappy without any reason.

I am happy without any reason – very happy – seeing me thus somebody asked me why are you happy? I replied, just like that, why? Do you need reasons to be happy? He said yes you do and mad people are happy without any reasons. So, I replied that I would prefer being mad then. Is it so mandatory to have a reason to smile? Hello! Grow up people!

Research says that it takes around 43 muscles to frown but only 17 muscles to smile for human beings. So, why to waste so much of energy on frowning? Nostalgia or memories are supposed to make your life happier and beautiful so why to keep the sadder ones and be depressed or anything on those lines.

Life is very short, keep it simple and sweet.

It is bliss to be happy, just smile so that world remembers you for spreading happiness…

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment